Introduction to Wedding Banarasi Saree
Are you among those who are amidst the chaos of your upcoming wedding purchases? Or are you a close friend or family member of the bride willing to shower all the love and blessings but unsure how to choose a Wedding Banarasi Saree?
Fret not, to solve your dilemma, we are here to present you the Wedding Banarasi Saree Guide from exploring the best types of Banarasi Sarees for a wedding, discovering tips to select Banarasi Saree, and where to buy the best and authentic Banarasi Saree for a wedding.
Can I Wear a Banarasi Saree at a Wedding?
Well, why not? Wearing a Banarasi Saree at a wedding gives you a grandeur and impression. You can wear a Banarasi Saree at a wedding with full confidence even if it's your first time. It is a classic choice.
You will not even have one percent of doubt and regret thinking of wearing a Banarasi Saree at a wedding after witnessing some of the Iconic Bollywood celebrities wearing Banarasi Saree on so many special occasions.
From legendary actress Rekha to the current face of Bollywood Deepika Pakudone, there have been many examples to get inspiration.
Iconic Bollywood celebrity Rekha at the Ambani family’s wedding, dressed in an orange-pink Banarasi Silk Saree with a full sleeve and traditional heavy jewelry.
Iconic Bollywood actress Vidya Balan wearing a Crimson Red Banarasi Saree for her special occasion. The Crimson Red Banarasi Saree has paisley and small buti motifs vertically spread all over the saree adjacent to a beautiful elaborate pallu.
Here is another example of Vidya Balan wearing a Scarlet Red Banarasi Saree. Simple minimal motifs with big and small motifs aligned vertically all over the Banarasi Saree.
Iconic Bollywood Celebrity Deepika Padukone looks stunning in a Royal Red & Gold Banarasi Saree. In celebration of her first "Wedding Anniversary," she decided to wear a Red Banarasi Saree paired with traditional jewelry.
Here is another example of Deepika Padukone wearing a Gold Banarasi Saree. Simplicity at its best yet expressing its royalty.
Best Types of Banarasi Sarees for Wedding
The best types of Banarasi Sarees for weddings are
- Katan Silk Banarasi Saree
- Khaddi Georgette Banarasi Saree
- Tissue Silk Banarasi Saree
- Meenakari Banarasi Saree
- Tanchoi Banarasi Saree
- Jangla Butidar Banarasi Saree
- Jamdani Banarasi Saree
- Cutwork Banarasi Saree
- Shattir Banarasi Saree
- Zari Organza Banarasi Saree
The types of fabric, different variations in weaving techniques, vibrant colors availability, and lustrous textures make the best Banarasi Saree for weddings. These components bring a diverse drape option and unique outlook to your wedding attire. The Best Types of Banarasi Saree for weddings are offered at our Priyankaraajiv store.
If you are curious to explore more on what are some popular types of Banarasi Saree, you can further have a glance at our previous blog on How To Choose Pure Banarasi Saree.
How to choose Banarasi Saree for a Wedding
Choose Banarasi Saree for a wedding according to the type of wedding occasion, wedding preferences, and auspicious wedding time. Whether you choose for your wedding or your dear ones, It is going to be a wedding Banarasi Saree guide for both scenarios. Let us know how to choose a Banarasi Saree for a wedding. Here is a fun way to choose. We have come up with three mind-blowing factors for choosing Banarasi Saree relevant to the wedding atmosphere.
- Mehfil (Occasion) - Choose a Banarasi Saree which reflects the importance of the type of Occasion. Initially, determine whether the wedding party is extravagant or cozy in line with the budget. You may pick from a variety of fabrics like organza, katan silk, georgette, and brocade silk as per your budget. For Wedding events like the Mehndi, Ring Ceremony, Haldi, and Reception.
- Manpasand (Taste) - Women not only have the choice of marrying the manpasand person but also every bride has her unique taste in choosing a Banarasi Saree for her wedding. Choose as per your taste preference on the color scheme, and your pattern design choice.
- Muhurat (Time) - The right moment, the right occasion, the right choice and wait there is one more - Choosing the right Banarasi Saree for a wedding depends on the auspicious wedding time.
You can choose a light color tone Banarasi Saree for a fresh look in the early morning traditional wedding rituals. You can choose a dark color tone Banarasi Saree for an impressive bold outlook at a night wedding. You can also opt for metallic shades of Banarasi Saree like gold/silver hue. It goes well for both daytime and evening time wedding occasions.
Tips to Select Banarasi Saree for Wedding
Tips to select a Banarasi Saree for a wedding on a color scheme. Banarasi Saree is significant for its shine and color vibrancy. Here are five tips for selecting Banarasi Saree for a wedding.
- Monologous Color Theme In Banarasi Saree: Choose the same shade for the saree, blouse, and jewelry. It gives a refined statement of simplicity and sheer elegance.
- Complimentary Color Theme: Choose a blouse piece that matches the saree’s border color. This statement highlights “your bridal look” among the crowd.
- Contrast Color Theme: Choose a contrast blouse for the Saree. You can make the bridal look a bold statement.
- Ivory Color Theme: Choose a natural color saree for a wedding. Go for an Ivory white or Ivory off-white Banarasi Zari saree. Ivory colors will give you a pure royal feel.
- Metallic Color Theme: Choose a finely embellished gold/silver/copper zari work banarasi saree for the wedding. Metallic shades in any color will give authenticity to the bridal look.
7 Best Banarasi Sarees for Wedding
You’ll be buying amazing Banarasi Sarees for weddings that match your taste preference. You can determine the best Banarasi Sarees for weddings based on the type of motif and pattern, the pallu style, and the border width. We have a massive collection ranging from authentic Banarasi Sarees to heavy intricate Banarasi Sarees for weddings at our Priyankaraajiv store.
Your preference is the main key to deciding how you wish to imagine your final attire outlook for the wedding. Sequins, embellishments, detailed zari work, and traditional designs featuring peacock, paisley, and heavy butidar motifs are examples of known design patterns. You can opt for a traditional and also modern outlook in your wedding attire. Let's see the best Banarasi Saree for a wedding.
Believe it or not, you’ll own every bit of Banarasi Saree and will excude your aura once you wear it. Banarasi Saree is notable for its shine and richness of color.
Here are the 7 Best Banarasi Saree for Weddings
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Purple Brocade Banarasi Saree with a wide border in gold. Dual color floral jaal in gold and silver. The floral jaal beautifully runs diagonally all over the saree. Rich Silk Brocade fabric is used.
Color - Purple; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Taran Teal Brocade Banarasi Saree. Paradise floral jaal in subtle golden weave spread all over the saree outlined with a thin maroon strip framing a border design.
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Chandramallika Ivory Silk Banarasi Saree. Mesmerizing meenakari floral jaal in silver and golden woven throughout the saree with a gold border and palla.
Color - Ivory; Fabric Details - Moonga Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Eda Multicolor Pastel Silk Oraganza Banarasi Saree. Beautiful shades of blush pink and sage green abound with floral butis all over the saree detailed with gold palla. The saree is paired with a Zane-gold brocade blouse with a pink waistband.
Color - Blush Pink, Peach, and Sage Green; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Karwa Coral Pink Linen - Silk Organza Banarasi Saree. Dazzling golden floral buti with golden border and palla. The saree features the kadua weaving technique.
Color - Coral Pink; Fabric Details - Linen; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Ivory - Silk Banarasi Tissue Saree. Anaar butas spread throughout the saree. The saree featured geometric and floral borders and palla. The saree is woven in kadua technique and is paired with Noor, a gold tissue blouse with bead fringes.
Color - Ivory; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Mani Yellow Banarasi Mashroo Saree. Warm yellow banarasi silk saree detailed with a broad paisley pattern palla. It is woven in vintage gold zari in the kadua technique. The Saree is paired with Zane, gold brocade blouse with a pink waistband.
Color - Yellow; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Mashroo; Wash care - Dry Clean
How to choose the Perfect Banarasi Saree for a Bride
How to choose the perfect Banarasi Saree for a bride depends on your preference which may be as per your family culture and tradition. Thus, a bride's decision to choose the perfect Banarasi Saree is based on numerous factors.
Preferences are subject to change depending on age, personal style, wedding culture and traditions, budget for the occasion, and selective personal tastes. It is all subjective depending on age, personal style, cultural trends, and personal choice.
You can still go out of the box. So, let's delve into a clear idea of understanding our Wedding Banarasi Saree Guide.
Tips for Choosing Banarasi Saree for a Bride
- Choice of right petticoat: Choose a cotton stretch/viscose petticoat for a light to medium-weight Banarasi Saree and choose a cotton petticoat to support a heavy-weight Banarasi silk Saree to handle the wedding saree gracefully.
- Choice of blouse: Choose a fitted silk blouse over any casual loose-fitted blouse. You can choose a classic blouse, a princess cut blouse, or a backless or halter neck blouse.
- Age preference: Brides between the ages of young to middle generally prefer small to medium motifs in their wedding sarees.
- Choice of color: Lighter shades and pastel hues attract more young women brides. Middle age group brides seek more vibrancy in their wedding Banarasi Saree as a bold statement.
- Choice of bridal makeup: Choose the bridal makeup as per your skin tone. You may include shades of your saree in your bridal makeup. And lastly, don’t miss the bhindi.
- Choice of Pattern: Choose heavy floral motifs and intricate patterns. Brides in their 30s and above usually make a bold statement with big motifs. In this Contemporary era, Brides opt for a modern touch by either wearing a statement sleeveless blouse or wearing a mid to full-sleeve blouse.
9 Best Banarasi Sarees for Bride
Here are 9 best Banarasi Sarees for Brides which represent and symbolize tradition, culture, personality, and vibrant colors. Silk fabric is the ideal choice for the best Banarasi Saree for brides. Earlier, Red was the only color that represented “Suhagan '' meaning married women.
The color option has become prevalent over time. Now, along with the red color, brides prefer Banarasi Sarees color between red to yellow ranging from red-yellow, red-orange, orange, and orange-yellow.1. Arshiya Maroon Silk Brocade Banarasi Saree
Shop online for Arshiya Maroon Silk Banarasi Saree. Maroon Silk brocade banarasi saree woven in Kadua technique. The saree is covered in butis with a floral border and palla. The corners Kuniya of the saree are adorned with elaborate paisley motifs.
Color - Maroon; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pooram Bonnet Blue Silk Banarasi Saree. The blue banarasi silk saree features a gold textured border and palla. Gold and silver jaal can be seen all over the saree with meenakari detailing in pink.
Color - Royal Blue; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Tanika Red Silk Brocade Banarasi Saree. Beautiful small butis spread all over the saree featuring meenakari borders and palla. The saree is woven in the kadua technique.
Color - Red; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Pure Handwoven Deepal Red Silk Brocade Banarasi Saree. The saree is woven in the kadua technique featuring floral bel all over.
Color - Red; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Kadua; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Navroz Plain Pink Silk Mashru Banarasi Saree. The saree is woven in the kadua technique featuring a handcrafted gold brocade geometrical border and palla.
Color - Pink; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Mashru; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Mehfil Indian Pink Silk Banarasi Saree. The rani pink silk brocade banarasi saree is woven in kadua technique. The banarasi saree features a diagonal floral jaal, small butas all over, and border with a gold palla.
Color - Rani Pink; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banaras Kaduai; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Kalpi Pink Silk Brocade Banarasi Saree. The rosy saree is woven in mashru weaving technique featuring a fuschia mashru border.
Color - Rose Pink; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi Mashroo; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Laldita - Burgundy Silk Tissue Banarasi Textured Saree. The burgundy banarasi silk saree has a geometric jaal spread all over with a border and floral palla.
Color - Deep Wine; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Banarasi; Wash care - Dry Clean
Shop online for Bhagwati Red Pink Silk Mashru Banarasi Saree. The red-pink shot silk mashru banarasi brocade saree features a scalloped kadua border. The border is brimming with flower patterns and lines in the meenakari detailing.
Color - Red; Fabric Details - Silk; Craft Technique - Mashroo; Wash care - Dry Clean
How to Wear Banarasi Saree at a Wedding
- Open Pallu: Keep in mind to have an open pallu while wearing the Banarasi Saree at the wedding so that you can flaunt your pallu’s intricate design work.
- Drape: You can choose a mid waist belt to enhance the drape. You can wear a Banarasi Saree at a wedding in a dhoti style drape, Bengali style drape, and many other modern ways.
- Proper Pleats: Maintain equal distance between pleats. Press the pleats well to stay intact.
- Jewelry: Go for traditional jewelry in metallic shades - Gold, Silver & Copper for a regal look. Choose and match your accessories as per Zari’s color.
Where to Buy the Best and Authentic Banarasi Saree for Wedding
You can buy the best and most authentic Banarasi Saree for weddings at our Priyankaraajiv store. You can purchase pure handwoven Banarasi saree from us. We have an array of different Banarasi Sarees for weddings.
Discover the Best Banarasi Saree for wedding ceremonies, tips on how to wear a Banarasi Saree, choosing the perfect Banarasi Saree for a bride in our exclusive collection. You can make your wedding day truly unique and special with our Wedding Banarasi Saree Guide.